A Blessed Walk

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

An Untroubled Heart: Ch 1 Questions

Published by Unknown under , , on 2:46 PM
  1. Recall a time when you felt afraid and alone. When was it? I felt alone and afraid at the National Cemetery where my dad's plaque is placed in his honor.
  2. Read Psalm 46:1. In times of trouble, what kind of help does God offer? Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. God offers a very present help during times of trouble.
  3. How does knowing that God is your ever-present help comfort and calm your fears? ( or if it doesn't comfort you, talk about why.) God is never not by my side, He is always there. Being able to have him near me just give me that peace that surpasses all understanding. I don't have to wait for Him he is always standing there waiting on me.
  4. Write James 1:2-4 here:  2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
    4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
  5. How do you view trials in your life? Are you fearful? Joyful? Angry?Do you see them as disastrous? Explain. As you have already read in my earlier post Yes! yes i am fearful, angry, and see things as disastrous but God is showing me how to be Joyful not just when things are good but when things are all wrong and seem hopeless. I can look back now and see that it really wasn't as bad as I sometimes allow myself to believe that it is. It is very difficult to be Joyful when your loved ones are dying, but I should have seen the positive things about it, instead of allowing Satan to bring me down.
  6. a. According to James 1:3, what are our trial producing in our lives? Explain in your own words. 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. The definition of patience is : noun 1.the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like. 2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
    3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.
    By going through the trails in our life it helps us to become more even-tempered and diligent, we can handle more things without our boat getting rocked by small waves, because we know that God will steady us and calm every storm that comes our way, if we just remain steadfast in our faith in Him.
    b.Where do you see that process at work in your life, if at all? I am seeing that God is using my family to instill patience in me, every time I turn around it seems like someone is doing something just to irritate and upset me, but I keep reminding myself that God is in control and that it really isn't worth being upset over. ( I'm still learning this though, I haven't completely mastered this task! If someone has, please please contact me because I would like to discuss how you achieved this goal.)
  7. List the things found in verse 4 that develop from endurance or perseverance. 4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. Being content with everything is what verse 4 is having us strive for in my opinion.
  8. What Christlike qualities are you gaining or have you gained through the losses in your life? There are 60 main qualities of Jesus that I  have studied on another blog. I gain a little of each one every time I go thru a new situation or circumstance. Here are three I would like to share with you now. Love~ I have learned to appreciate my brothers and sisters in the Lord and my family and those around me. I try to be like Christ by taking the initiative to build up and meet the needs of other without expecting anything in return. Suffering~ is not something I seek , but when it happens, it is allowing it to turn into a mold to allow me to be made for the better as “Christ hath suffered” makes us better. It is not a personal attack, rather it is a means to get my attention to make me better, more useful, stronger, and to understand what takes place in others. Teaching~ I am able to share my insights and what I have learned with others, to disciple them and help them get thru. The whole point of my blog!!
  9. Write a prayer thanking God for the good work he is doing in you and for helping you to conquer your fears in the process. Thank Him for being an ever-present help. God, my Holy and precious Father, I come before you now in prayer and thanksgiving to let you know that I appreciate the good works you are doing in me. I don't let you know often enough how thankful I am for the things that you have done for me. I have never thanked you for bringing me through my dad and my grandma's deaths, But I know now thru this bible study that you had the number of their days counted from the very beginning. I was the one that turned and ran away. Thank you for bringing me closer to you through the losses that I have incurred. Thank you for comforting me when I couldn't be comforted and Thank you for giving me your mercy and grace that I truly don't deserve. I don't always go through things very well, most of the time I moan and grumble and scream and yell my way through things just for you to look at me and say," My child why are you throwing a temper tantrum over something so trivial, I got this you just don't worry!" Thank you for never leaving my side no matter what I said or did, I know that you could see my heart even when my mouth wasn't behaving. FATHER FORGIVE me for being stubborn and pig headed and for not understanding the lessons the first time around. Thank you for being patience and kind, because I know that sometimes I am a very slow learner. You are wonderful to me and I love you with all my heart. I will continue to lean on you and to grow. Thank you for filling all the voids in my life and for teaching me the things I need to know. I pray that I am able to be used to help someone get to the top of their mountain, so they can take in God's awesome view. Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
If you'd like to stop or pause the music playing click on the "end" key on your keyboard or scroll to the player on the right side of the page to click on the pause button. May you have a blessed day!

Followers